• The objective of the Mid Cornwall History Hunters is to provide a Club devoted to the promoting, improving and enjoying the hobby of Amateur Archaeology & Metal Detecting.
• This club is run by the members for the members. We operate as a non profit club with none of the Committee being paid for any of their work or time.
• The club through designated persons and the forum will provide technical advice to members. Such advice could include equipment operation & maintenance, legal position regarding finds, professional body contacts such as the area Archaeological finds officer, etc
• All persons interested in the hobby of amateur archaeology and metal detecting shall be eligible for membership. Membership shall be by application and shall run for a period of not less than 1 year.
• Applications for membership shall be submitted via application forms available from the secretary, any official club meets or from any committee member.
• Membership includes all club privileges, an up to date and current list of which will be displayed on the club website.
• Membership is subject to payment of the Annual club fee.
2. The Club Committee
2.1. Committee Members
• It is a condition of office that all committee members will be fully paid up members of the club.
• All committee members receive NO payment.
• Committee members shall remain in post for a period of one year, AGM to AGM.
2.2. Committee Member Duties
• Presides at all meetings of the club, and conducts them according to the club rules.
• Signs all official documents adopted by the club.
• Decides all questions of order.
• Performs all other duties pertaining to the office of President.
• Receives and receipts all monies paid to the club.
• Keeps an accurate account of all monies received and expended.
• Produces an annual finance report for the AGM.
• Pays all club bills, after authorization from the club board (Two appointed signatories will be required to pay all club bills).
• Carry out all membership correspondence.
• Process all membership applications.
• Keep a roll of members.
• Produces written records of the proceedings of all club meetings & lists minutes of meetings on the club website.
• Reads communications as required at each meeting.
• Notes all amendments, changes and additions to the rules document and makes it available to be consulted by members.
• Oversees the content of the club website and ensures it is kept up to
3. Club Meetings
• The club will have an AGM during April of each year.
• Regular meetings shall be held of one a month
4. Club Fees
• The club annual fee will be decided by the club committee initially and be reviewed at the AGM each year.
• The membership fee shall be published on the club website.
• The fee shall be sufficient to cover all the clubs costs including the Forum and any administration costs.
• All monies taken will be fully accounted for and will be used for the benefit of members & the club .
• Any surplus left at the end of the club year shall normally be carried over for the benefit of club members in the forthcoming year.
5. Club Sanctions
5.1. Suspension from the club
• The Chairman and any one other Committee Member may suspend a member for breaching of club rules.
• In order to lift a suspension the member must write to the Chairman confirming that he or she understood why the suspension was made and what steps the member intends to take in order that he or she no longer contravenes club rules.
• If a member disagrees with a suspension he or she is entitled to request the committee meet to discuss his or her case. The committee (sitting in private) will then discuss and vote on whether to confirm the suspension. A committee’s decision is final.
5.2. Expulsion from the club
• Members may be expelled for repeated or gross breaching of club rules.
• The first step would be for a member to be suspended (2.5.1)
• The committee would then meet to discuss and vote whether to move to expulsion.
• Expelled members would forfeit all fees paid.
• The committee shall reserve the right to refuse any future application from any expelled member.